I wished that someone had brought it to my attention the level of dishevelment I allowed myself to achieve. True, I was comfortable. True, it is what's on the inside that matters. However, I still believe that there is a fine line. Had I not only crossed it, but was running towards the wrong side of avant garde with scissors. Intervention, please. An occasional reminder would be nice: If you're feeling good on the inside, it should reflect as clearly on the outside.
My first step of metamorphosis will be in the literal sense. I am learning how to walk in a pair of stilettos without looking like a product of time-lapsed photography. Lesson one from Miss Fashionista: Start with small heels then work your way up! The key is to stand up straight and one foot in front of the other. The ugliest thing is to see a girl with tall heels walking like she got a stick up her bum. Words can never express how wonderful my friends are.
Taking those words into consideration, I enter phase two. A desperate need to address the lackluster I refer to as my wardrobe. Limited by plain t-shirts, sweatshirts, and jeans; I need variety and extremes. While out jogging, a conversation sparks. My Aunt mentions that in some departments, at the company she works for, implements "Wonderful Wednesday". During the warmer seasons they would include "Fabulous Fridays". On those particular days of the week, everyone is encouraged to take their professional attire a degree further to break from casual business-wear.
I will make the effort to start doing the same. Despite whichever is activity on the agenda, I will make time to play dress up. Small steps will eventually lead into giant leaps.
![]() |
| My favorite pair of shoes currently in possession. Sexy, aren't they? |
