Navigation

the Drunk Blog

The title may be misleading, I am currently sobering up quite nicely now. My initial intention was to attempt writing this in my inebriated state since the boyfriend had booted me out of bed as I stumbled in at four in the morning. He claims he hadn't, but with daylight seeping through the miscontrued blinds I could detect a deep furrowed brow.

I scurry into the living room, blindly feeling my way around with partial help from the soft glow of the laptop. Settling into the recliner, I ponder how in years prior (the early twenty-somethings) I could survive on this routine on a regular occurrence: Work in the morning, outings until early daylight, outlandish roadtrips in between. Yet, I'd find myself to be refreshed and energized for work the next day.

I sat in the dark and thought of how badly I was going to feel the repercussions of the night's activities later. It's my day off and I'll probably lazy it away instead of instigating my next adventure. Still, I'm proud. I can still keep up, but in no way am I leading that rockstar style anymore. High energy and intense scenes, such as clubbing, are replaced by hole-in-the-wall places and a semi-lively ultra-friendly bar.

Years later, we reminisce over the past and laugh at our most embarassing times. Moments that we now consider to be our best memories. Foolish and young to foolish and not so young, it's astonishing how many people I feel have stuck by me even through their absence. I never felt pressure to make time for anyone within cluttered schedules. It's humbling to know that friendships aren't based on how often you spend time together, with great people good times will always follow.

Tumblr Me:

a place for me to clear my head with the random events that occur. NAN2DC.tumblr.com